Farm Friends Chicken Meatloaf
- 4 1/2 ounce no-salt-added tomato paste
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 lb Organic Prairie Ground Chicken
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 Organic Valley Large Egg
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
Easy to create, and makes excellent lunchtime leftovers. You won’t miss the bread crumbs packed into the classic beefy meatloaf recipes!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 70 minutes
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine the tomato paste, wine, water, garlic, basil, cumin, paprika, oregano, and sea salt in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, and reduce the heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Set aside.
2. Combine the Organic Valley Ground Chicken, rolled oats, Organic Valley egg, shredded zucchini, and 1/4 cup of the tomato mixture in a large bowl. Mix well. Shape into a loaf, and place in an ungreased 8" x 4"loaf pan. Bake for 45 minutes. Discard any drippings.
3. Pour 1/4 cup of the remaining tomato mixture over the top of the loaf. Bake for 15 minutes longer. Transfer to a serving platter. Cool for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve the remaining tomato sauce on the side.
Makes great leftovers! Serve with a fresh green salad, topped with hard boiled Organic Valley Eggs and your favorite organic salad dressing.