Effective Date: November 12, 2022
Cooperative Regions of Organic Producer Pools dba Organic Valley and its wholly-owned affiliates ("Organic Valley"), are committed to protecting the information you submit on our websites (collectively, the "Website"), our mobile applications (collectively, the "App"), and our social media platform sites (collectively, the "Services").
How to Contact Us
Personal Information You Voluntarily Provide
Information about yourself:
Contact data, including your first and last name, email and mailing address, and phone number.
Profile data, including your username and password for an online account with us, and other information you include in your account profile.
Communications that we exchange when you communicate with us, you request coupons, make coupon redemptions, complete our surveys, ask us questions, or offer feedback.
Content, including comments, text, images, your visual image, likeness and voice, as well as other audio, video or other content you post to or provide through the Services.
Payment and transactional data, that you provide needed to complete your orders on the Services (including name, credit card information, billing and shipping information), information about your payment transactions, and your order history.
Marketing data, including your preferences for receiving communications about our products, activities, events, and publications; and information you provide when you participate in an event, contest, sweepstakes, or promotion.
Information from social media platforms. Information you provide when you interact with us on social media. If you choose to log in to the Services through a social network or other third party platform, or otherwise connect your account on a third party platform to your account through the Services, we may collect information about you from that platform or network. For example, this information may include your username, user ID, profile picture, cover photo, email address and other contact information. You may also have the opportunity to provide us with additional information through the third party platform, such as a list of your friends or connections.
Information about others. You may share personal information about others with us, for example when you send them a gift through the Services, or refer friends or other contacts to us. When you share the personal information of others with us, you are responsible for ensuring you have their permission.
Information We Automatically Collect
When you use the Services, we may automatically collect information about you including:
Device data about your computer or mobile device, operating system type and version number, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, IP address, the websites you visit before or after browsing our Website or App, and general location information such as city, state, zip code or geographic area.
Online activity data including pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens.
Information from third parties such as Google Play App Store or social networking sites such as Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook that you have made public via your privacy settings. This may include your name, username, location profile picture and your contacts. In addition, we may receive information about you from other sources to supplement information provided by you or where we are conducting a joint marketing campaign with the selected partners, and you have provided consent for us to receive such information.
Cookies. We use four kinds of cookies or similar tracking technologies:
- Required cookies are essential for the Website. You cannot opt out of them.
- Performance/Analytics Cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of the Website. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
- Functional cookies allow us to remember the choices you make and to tailor the Website so we can provide relevant content to you.
- Marketing cookies are used by advertising companies to serve ads that are relevant to your interests and personalized marketing.
How We Use and Share Your Personal Information
We use your personal information and may share your personal information with third parties:
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services.
- To provide you with information, products, or services.
- To maintain and improve our Services,
- To administer a sweepstakes, contest, joint promotion, or other partnership with a third party,
- To share information about you with social media networks, or third parties, to allow for the delivery of customized advertising and analytics about products and services that you may be interested in,
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an e-mail address to use the "e-mail a friend" feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that e-mail
- and your e-mail address to the recipients.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To help prevent fraud or imminent harm on our Services,
- To maintain the security in the integrity of our systems and monitor online communities,
- To conduct market research and product development,
- To comply with legal processes including authorized subpoenas.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
We may combine personal information we receive from you with personal information we obtain from other sources, such as:
- Data providers, such as information services and data licensors.
- Third Party applications and social media platforms.
- Business partners, such as joint marketing partners and event co-sponsors provided you have provided your consent to receive.
- Competent law enforcement bodies.
Opt-out. If you do not want to receive marketing communications or other materials from us, you may opt-out, by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you sign-up for one of our newsletters, you may unsubscribe by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link in each communication.
Correct, or Delete Your Personal Information. You may send an e-mail to email@example.com that we correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Website, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website users.
Disclosure of your information for third party marketing. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies. You may delete cookies that are placed on your device by visiting your browser. You may also adjust your browser setting so as to avoid cookies being placed on your personal device.
Please note that if you set your browser to disable required cookies, the Services may not work properly.
Third-party platforms. If you choose to connect to the Services through your social media account or another third-party platform, you may be able to use your settings in your account with that platform to limit the information we receive from it. If you revoke our ability to access information from a third-party platform, that choice will not apply to information that we have already received from that third-party.
We do not control third-party platforms, and are not responsible for their actions. They follow different rules regarding the collection, use and sharing of your personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies.
We have implemented commercially reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not 100% secure. While we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Services, we will take reasonable steps to safeguard it once we receive it.
No Children Under 16
Our Services are not intended for children under 16. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com.
Right to opt-out of the “sale” of your Personal Information. We may use services that help deliver interest based ads to you. Our use of some of these services may be classified under some state laws as a “sale” of your Personal Information to the companies that provide the services because they collect information from our users (e.g., device data and online activity data) to help them serve ads more likely to interest you. You can request to opt-out out of this “sale” of your personal information here by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
California Privacy Rights
Under the California consumer privacy (“CCPA”), we are required to provide California residents information about how we use their personal information whether collected online or offline, including:
- California residents have the right to access and delete their personal information collected by us during the preceding 12 months that is not otherwise subject to an exception,
- To the extent we sell your personal information to third parties, California residents also have the right to request that we disclose to you: (i) the categories of your personal information that we sold, and (ii) the categories of third parties to whom your personal information was sold, and to direct us not to sell your personal information.
California residents may exercise these rights by contacting us by email at email@example.com. We will respond to verifiable requests received from California consumers as required by law.
SMS/MMS MOBILE MESSAGING MARKETING PROGRAM:
By subscribing to Organic Prairie text notifications, you agree to receive automated marketing text messages from us about our products and services at the phone number you provided when you subscribed, and that the messages may be sent via automatic telephone dialling system or other technology. Message frequency is recurring. Consent is not a condition of purchase. Message and data rates may apply. Reply STOP, STOPALL, UNSUBSCRIBE, CANCEL, END, QUIT to opt-out and HELP for customer support. You may receive an additional text message confirming your decision to opt-out. You understand and agree that attempting to opt-out by any means other than texting the opt-out commands above is not a reasonable means of opting out.
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.