Curried Chicken Salad with Almonds
Perfect for a speedy and simple light spring dinner!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- 4 Organic Prairie Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, poached* and diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and julienned
- 3 celery ribs, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
Dice the poached chicken breasts into small (1/3-inch pieces). In a small bowl, mix the lemon juice, mayo, and spices. Combine the cut chicken, mayo mixture and the rest of the ingredients...serve on warm foccacia bread or a bed of greens.
Great for quick lunches (if kept refrigerated), after school snack or a light dinner.
* Please note: When poaching chicken, cover completely with water and simmer gently. Add a dash of garlic, white pepper or other aromatic spices to the water. Poach until the internal temperature of the chicken is 140 degrees and firm to the touch.