Turkey Cheddar Sandwich w/Cranberry Sauce
Inspired by Thanksgiving, but welcome any time of the year.
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoon Organic Valley Salted Butter, softened
- 6 ounce leftover cooked turkey breast, sliced
- 6-8 ounce Organic Valley Cheddar (mild or sharp), sliced
- 6-8 tablespoon cranberry sauce
1. For a cold sandwich: Spread bread slices with softened butter and cranberry sauce. Layer half the bread slices with turkey, cheddar and cranberry sauce. Top with remaining bread slices.
2. For a grilled sandwich: Heat a large, cast iron griddle (or two skillets) over medium-low flame. Spread one side of each slice of bread with softened butter. Turn half of the slices over and spread their unbuttered sides with cranberry sauce. Layer on the turkey and then the cheese slices. Top with the remaining buttered bread slices, with the buttered side out. Cook until cheese is melting and bread is golden and crusty on both sides, about 3–4 minutes per side.
Add crisp-cooked Organic Prairie Bacon, lettuce leaves and mayonnaise to make this wonderful sandwich fabulous.
Copyright by Terese Allen