Smoky Beef Jerky and Cream Cheese Spread
Beef jerky is usually eaten out of hand, but here’s one way to use it as an ingredient instead. The jerky bits give a smoky flavor and pleasing chewiness to the mixture, which is delicious spread on rye crackers.
Who says snack food can’t be organic?
- 2 ounce (1 package) Organic Prairie Spicy Hickory Beef Jerky
- 4 ounce (1/2 package) Organic Valley Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 2 green onions
1. Working carefully, use a sharp knife to cut jerky pieces into thin strips. Cut the strips crosswise into tiny bits.
2. Use a fork to combing jerky bits and cream cheese in a bowl; work in the milk and vinegar, and then the greens onions.
3. Let mixture stand at room temperature one hour before serving.
Copyright by Terese Allen