Mushroom Zucchini Baked Pasta
posted 2023 Mar by
This easy baked pasta recipe includes mushrooms, zucchini, Organic Prairie Ground Beef that's seasoned with Italian spices, and it's topped with Organic Valley Mozzarella Cheese. This simple weeknight dinner will be a crowd pleaser for the whole family!
Mushroom Zucchini Baked Paasta
- 1 pound organic noodles
- 2 tablespoons organic extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces organic baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 organic large zucchini, halved and sliced
- Half organic red onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon organic oregano
- 1 teaspoon organic thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon organic rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon organic fennel seed
- 1/2 teaspoon organic parsley
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon organic black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon organic white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon organic garlic powder
1 pound Organic Prairie Ground Beef
5 cups organic tomato basil sauce
- organic parmesan, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cook the noodles per the instructions on the package. Once cooked, add the noodles into a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- While the noodles are cooking, in a large skillet add the olive oil, mushrooms, zucchini, and red onion. Sauté over medium heat until the onions are translucent, and the zucchini and mushrooms are cooked, about 5 minutes. Add into the baking dish with the noodles.
- In a medium bowl, add the oregano, thyme, rosemary, fennel seed, parsley, sea salt, black pepper, white pepper, and garlic powder. Add the ground beef and mix to combine completely (I just use my hands!).
- Add the ground beef into the skillet and cook over medium heat until browned and fully cooked, about ten minutes. Add into the baking dish with the noodles.
- Reserve 3/4 cup of the mozzarella and set aside. Add in the rest of the mozzarella and the tomato sauce to the noodles and stir to combine. Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then turn the oven to 400°F and bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes, or until the cheese is golden brown.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.