Grilled Pork Chops with Strawberry Rhubarb Compote
- 4 Organic Center Cut Boneless Pork Chops
- 1/8 cup good Olive Oil, plus some for oiling the grill
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- 3 cup Rhubarb, cleaned, trimmed and cut into 1/2 in pieces
- 3 cup Strawberries, cleaned, stemmed and quartered
- 1/2 bunch Tarragon, rough chopped
- 1/2 bunch Parsley, rough chopped
Preheat your grill; be sure to have a hot and warm place on (direct heat and in direct heat if you're using charcoal or wood.) Put your cast iron skillet over the indirect heat to begin warming up.
With a lightly oiled rag, oil the grill and place a cast iron skillet on the grill to begin heating up
Pat the pork chops dry with a towel and season liberally with salt
Lay the pork chops on the HOT grill and cook on each side for 5-6 min, then move to the indirect heat
Meanwhile, put butter into the skillet and begin to saute the rhubarb for about 6 min
Add strawberries and onions to the skillet, season liberally with salt and cook for an additional 4-5 min
When the pork chops are fully cooked (internal temperature should be 160 degrees) place them on a platter to rest for a few minutes
Just before you pull the strawberry rhubarb compote off the heat, toss in all the herbs and gently stir them in.
Season to taste and spoon the compote over the pork chops and serve!