Baking a ham is as easy as holiday cooking gets, but if you want to want to add some bells and whistles without complicating things too much, consider this spice-crusted variation. Serve it, if you like, with theApple Chutney recipe on the Organic Valley website.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- 1 Organic Prairie Hardwood Smoked Boneless Ham
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoon peppercorns
- 2 teaspoon garam masala*
- 2 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon Organic Valley Unsalted Cultured Butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mince and mash garlic with salt to create a paste. Coarsely grind peppercorns in coffee/spice grinder and stir together with garam masala, nutritional yeast, flour, butter, and garlic paste in a bowl.
2. Spread spice paste over entire ham, then put it cut side down in a greased large roasting pan. Bake in middle of oven until crust is golden and an instant-read thermometer inserted into center registers 150 degrees, about 45 minutes to an hour.
3. Transfer ham to a platter and let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
* Garam masala is a blend of dry-roasted ground spices that is used in Indian, Nepali and other cuisines.