Raspberry Pecan Turkey Breast
- 32 ounce Organic Prairie turkey breast
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Organic Valley European Style Cultured Butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium celery rib, minced
- 1 teaspoon Organic Valley European Style Cultured Butter (for sauteing)
- 1 cup pecan halves, broken up
- 1 teaspoon tamari soy sauce
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 2 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 bag red raspberries, frozen
- 1 cup yogurt
Succulent and savory with a satisfying pecan crunch. This berry-licious turkey breast makes a satisfying dinner or leftover lunch.|
Prep time: 50 minutes
1. Place thawed turkey breast in large frying pan with 1 tablespoon Butter and 1/2 cup water. Cover and cook over medium-low heat until cooked throughout, approximately 25 minutes or until inserted meat thermometer registers 175 degrees. Add salt and pepper to taste.
2. Wash and prepare veggies as directed. Saute vegetables in butter until tender. Add tamari, spices, and balsamic vinegar, let simmer on low heat for 2 minutes. Fold in raspberries and let simmer for 5 more minutes. Cover and turn off the heat. Let sit 5 minutes before folding yogurt and pecans into the mixture. Serve over tender turkey breast or as a chutney/dipping sauce.
3. Recipe can be doubled to accompany a whole roasted Organic Valley Turkey. Enjoy!