Springtime Asparagus Quiche
When the first green crowns of asparagus poke out of the earth, you know it’s spring! This quiche is delicious with Organic Prairie Ham or Bacon.
Total time: 1 hour
- 3/4 lb fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 ounce Organic Prairie Hardwood Smoked Boneless Ham, diced
- 1 cup Organic Valley Baby Swiss Cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 4 Organic Valley Extra Large Eggs
- 1 cup Organic Valley Half & Half
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoon Organic Valley Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 pie shell (home made or frozen)
1. Trim the asparagus, using the tender parts for the quiche, and saving the tougher stems for soup. Cook or steam asparagus until crisp-tender; drain well. Arrange cooked asparagus pieces over bottom of pastry shell. Top with diced ham.
2. In a small bowl, combine Swiss cheese and flour. Sprinkle over ham.
3. In a medium bowl, beat eggs with a fork until frothy. Add half & half, salt, and pepper. Mix well and pour into pastry shell.
4. Sprinkle Organic Valley Parmesan Cheese on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes. Quiche is done when a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Try leftover Organic Prairie Bacon as a alternative to the ham.