Organic Prairie Chicken Fajitas
This recipe is also great with Organic Prairie Turkey!
- 1 lb Organic Prairie Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 cup chicken broth
- 1/8 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 large onion, sliced into strips
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- 1/2 medium yellow or green pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- flour tortilla
- 1/2 large tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, washed and chopped
- 1/4 avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 bunch scallions, chopped
- 2 ounce Organic Valley Cheddar Cheese Shreds
- organic salsa
- 2 tablespoon Organic Valley Sour Cream
1. Mix 1 tablespoon organic olive oil with the lime juice, chicken broth, 1/2 of the minced garlic, salt, and black pepper in large glass baking dish. Slice thawed chicken breast into 1/4 inch strips. Add the prepared chicken to the lime juice mixture and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wrap tortillas in foil. Heat in oven until warmed through, about 10 minutes. Turn oven off. Leave tortillas in oven.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon organic olive oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, remainder of the minced garlic, and bell pepper strips. Saute until almost tender, about 6 minutes. Add cumin, paprika, cayenne, and continue cooking 1 minute. Add the pre-marinaded and drained Organic Valley Chicken or Turkey Breast strips and stir until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
4. Spoon mixture into tortillas. Prepare the tomato, cilantro, avocado, and scallions. Place into small serving bowls.
Serve the fajita mixture in warm tortillas and load up on the organic veggies and toppings you love.