Gingered Beef in Lettuce Caps
- 3 tablespoon tamari soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil, toasted
- 2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, crushed
- 1 lb Organic Prairie New York Strip, trimmed and cubed
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 3/4 cup carrots, shredded
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 stalks bok choy, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 head Boston lettuce, washed and separated
A fun and delicious dinner party delight featuring marinated Organic Prairie New York Strip Steak with warming spices and Asian vegetables.
Prep time: 20 minutes
1. In a medium bowl, stir tamari soy sauce, sugar, Eden toasted sesame oil (infused with hot peppers, if desired), ginger, cayenne, and garlic until blended. Add cubed Organic Prairie New York Strip Steak, turning to coat with soy-sauce mixture, and marinate 15 minutes at room temperature, stirring occasionally.
2. In a 12-inch skillet, heat celery, carrots, and bok choy, with 1/3 cup water to boiling over medium-high heat. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp, stirring occasionally. Add beef with its marinade and cook 2 minutes or until meat just loses its pink color throughout, stirring quickly and constantly. Stir in green onions and sesame seeds, and cook 1 minute, stirring.
3. To serve, allow each person place some beef mixture on a lettuce leaf. Garnish with green-onion tops. If you like, fold sides of lettuce leaf over filling to make a package to eat out of hand. Enjoy!