Freaky Franks and Beans
- 32 ounce canned white beans (navy or great northern)
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup Maple Valley Organic Maple Syrup
- 1/2 small onion, chopped fine and sauteed in butter
- 6 Organic Valley Uncured Beef Hot Dogs, cut in half
A tasty little scare that goes a long way on Halloween! To feed an appetite for the gross and gory, cut hot dogs to look like fingers and the kids will become the first all-organic “cannibals.”
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Rinse and drain beans. Sauté chopped onion in a bit of butter to bring out the full flavor. If you’re making hot dog “fingers”: cut hot dogs in half and use the rounded end as a “fingertip.” Simply carve out a U-shaped “nailbed”.
2. Combine all of the ingredients in a 1-1/2 quart casserole dish. Bake uncovered for 50 minutes at 350 degrees.
Makes great leftovers! Serve with a fresh green salad, topped with hard boiled Organic Valley Eggs and your favorite organic salad dressing.