Cranberry-Mushroom Turkey Stuffing
Feta cheese lends distinct character to this dressing. Recipe by Gloria Varney, Maine Organic Valley farmer-owner, baker, cheesemaker, shopkeeper and gardener extraordinaire.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- 4 tablespoon Organic Valley Salted Butter
- 3 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 8 medium mushrooms (crimini are fabulous), washed and chopped
- 1 head fresh garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pinenuts (can substitute walnuts)
- 1 cup Organic Valley Feta Cheese, crumbled
In a heavy pot over medium heat, melt butter and saute onions, garlic and mushrooms until golden. Add pre-cooked brown rice to heat through. Toss in cranberries, pinenuts and feta. Stuff the bird and roast as directed.