1. In a heavy skillet, over medium heat, saute minced shallots in butter until slightly golden (2 minutes). Add bell pepper strips, basil and balsamic vinegar. Cook until peppers are just tender—do not overcook. Season with sea salt and pepper. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
2. Place thawed turkey breast on a “meat only” cutting board, between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Pound with a mallet to 1/2-inch thickness. Remove top sheet of plastic.
3. In a food processor, pulse the cooled shallot/pepper mixture until semi-smooth. Spoon the red pepper mixture onto the turkey breast, and spread out evenly leaving a 1-inch edge clear for easy rolling.
4. Starting at 1 long side, roll up turkey breast jelly-roll style. Secure edge with skewers or toothpicks, then tie with kitchen twine. Oil a 13x9x2-inch metal baking pan. Transfer roulade to prepared pan, skewer side down. Brush roulade with olive oil & sprinkle with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
5. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Roast roulade until thermometer inserted into thickest part registers 160 degrees, about 35 minutes.
6. Remove roulade from oven; let stand at room temperature 5 minutes. Remove string and skewers from roulade. Cut into 6 slices and transfer to a decorative platter. Garnish with roasted seasonal fruits and root veggies.
Copyright by Terese Allen