Grilled Cobb Salad
You can teach an old dog new tricks. Try this classic composed salad made with smoky grill flavor and all-organic ingredients.
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 lb Organic Prairie Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, thawed
- 1 1/2 cup Organic Valley Lowfat Buttermilk (shake carton before measuring)
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 cup coarsely chopped Romaine lettuce, cleaned and dried
- 8 strips Organic Prairie Uncured Hardwood Smoked Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 8 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- 16 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 4 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces on the diagonal
- 3 ripe avocados
- 4 ounce Organic Valley Blue Cheese Crumbles
- Lowfat Buttermilk Dressing
1. Dry the chicken breasts on paper towels. Place them in a bowl, add buttermilk and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4–6 hours.
2. Heat a gas grill to medium heat or prepare a charcoal grill. Remove chicken from buttermilk and season pieces with salt and pepper on both sides. Prepare lettuce, bacon, eggs, tomatoes and green onions as described above.
3. When grill is ready, grill the chicken, basting until cooked through, about 6–8 minutes per side. Remove chicken to a cutting board while you assemble the salads.
4. To assemble: Spread the lettuce on 4 large serving plates. Peel the avocados and cut them into chunks. Arrange the bacon, eggs, tomato halves, green onions and avocados in strips across each plate, leaving the center section open for the chicken. Cut the chicken breasts into chunks and place down the centers of the plates. Sprinkle each plate with blue cheese crumbles. Grind some salt and pepper over the top. Serve with Lowfat Buttermilk Ranch Dressing on the side.
Copyright by Terese Allen