- vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup chopped onions
- 4-5 cup cubed, cooked potatoes
- 1 cup Organic Prairie Hardwood Smoked Bacon (cooked and chopped), Hardwood Smoked Ham,
- 4 Organic Valley Large Eggs, beaten with salt and pepper to taste
- Organic Valley Baby Swiss Slices, cut into strips
I love to make this German-style breakfast hash on camping trips; it’s equally welcome at lunch or dinner.
1. Lightly coat bottom of cast iron skillet or nonstick frying pan with oil; heat on Coleman stove or your choice of grill (or stovetop). Add onions and saute them a few minutes, stirring often.
2. Add potatoes and bacon, ham or hot dogs. Cook, turning occasionally, until potatoes are browned.
3. Move mixture to outer edges of pan add a little more oil, let it heat briefly, then stir in eggs. Tilt and shake the pan to distribute the eggs and cook them, stirring once or twice, until they’re almost set. Distribute cheese over the mixture, cover pan for a moment or two to let the cheese melt, then serve immediately.
Copyright by Terese Allen