Pan-Roasted Corn Kernels with Bacon and Rosemary
- 4 slices Organic Prairie Hardwood Smoked Bacon
- 2/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 cup corn kernels, cut from fresh cobs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoon Organic Valley Cream Cheese, softened
- salt and pepper to taste
There isn’t much you can do to improve on an ear of sweet corn dabbed with butter and dusted with salt. But try pan-roasting some fresh-from-the-cob kernels with rosemary then finish the mix with a little organic bacon and cream cheese. Move over, corn-on-the-cob!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
1. Fry the bacon until crispy in a large skillet over medium flame. Remove bacon and drain on paper towels.
2. Discard all but 1 1/2 tablespoons of fat in the pan. Stir in the onions and cook until tender. Add corn and rosemary; cook, stirring often, 3–5 minutes. Crumble and stir in bacon. Stir in cream cheese until it dissolves into the mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.
Copyright by Terese Allen