Chilaquiles (Tortilla Chip & Salsa Casserole)
- 16 ounce (1 jar) Frontera Tomatillo Salsa, Frontera Roasted Tomato Salsa, or Frontera Chi
- 2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 8 ounce Frontera Thick & Chunky Tortilla Chips (about 8 loosely packed cups)
- 1/2 cup grated Organic Valley Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 Organic Prairie Chicken, cooked and shredded
- Organic Valley Sour Cream
- Thinly sliced onion
- Chopped fresh cilantro
This delicious recipe is from Chef Rick Bayless of Frontera!
1. Heat the salsa and broth together in a large saucepan to boiling. Stir in the chips, coating them with the salsa mixture. When the mixture comes to a simmer, cover the pan and remove it from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes.
2. Spoon onto warmed plates. Sprinkle with cheese, shredded chicken, a dollop of sour cream, onion and cilantro. Serve right away.
Recipe created by Chef Rick Bayless