Too Easy to Be Real Gravy
- 1/4 cup Organic Valley Butter
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 2 cup chicken stock (or juice from a roasted Organic Prairie Chicken or Turkey)
- salt and pepper to taste
- other spices you like (optional, to taste)
1. Melt the butter in a pan on low heat. Sprinkle in the rice flour and stir. When all of the flour has been put in and the mixture becomes lumpy and paste like, cook it for about two minutes while constantly stirring. When it is cooked it will be solidified and brownish. Remove from heat for a few moments.
2. Put it back on the burner and slowly drizzle stock or turkey juice into the pan while stirring. This will slowly expand into gravy. Add stock until gravy reaches desired consistency. Add salt, pepper and seasonings you like, and serve.
Courtesy of The Wedge Natural Foods Co-op, Minneapolis, MN