Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
- 1 1/2 lb Organic Prairie boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 each medium onion, diced
- 1 each medium bell pepper, any color; diced
- 6 each cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cup organic low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 each 14 oz can full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 each lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
This hearty, bean-free chili takes just 10 minutes to prep! Great for busy weeknights & freezer meal cooking sessions.
Prep Time: 10 Min
Cook Time: 7-8 Hours
Total Time: 7-8 Hours
1. Add onion, peppers, garlic and spices (cumin through black pepper) to the bottom of a slow cooker. Arrange chicken on top of vegetables in a single layer.
2. Add broth and place lid on slow cooker.
3. Set heat to LOW and cook 7-8 hours or until chicken is done and vegetables are tender.
4. Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred with two forks. Return chicken to slow cooker.
5. Turn heat to HIGH. Add coconut milk, stir and replace lid. Continue heating an additional 10-15 minutes or until soup is heated through.
6. Mix in lime juice and cilantro. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired. Serve in bowls garnished with chopped cilantro and lime wedges, if desired.
Copyright: The Real Food Dietitians 2019. All rights reserved.