One-Skillet Chicken Parmesan
- 1 1/4 lb Organic Prairie Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (cut into 4 pieces and pounded to 1-inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 tablespoon cassava flour (or other gluten-free flour choice)
- 1/4 teaspoon tsp salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (for breading)
- Pinch black pepper
- 1 (28 oz) can organic crushed tomatoes (may substitute organic tomato sauce)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup Organic Valley Italian Blend Cheese
- fresh basil, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
Craving saucy Italian comfort food? Skip fussy & fancy and opt instead for this fast & easy One-Skillet Chicken Parmesan. That's right, just one skillet is all it takes
Prep Time: 5 Min
Cook Time: 30 Min
Total Time: 35 Min
1. Preheat oven to 375 Degrees F
2. Combine cassava flour (or other gluten-free flour), salt, garlic powder and pepper in a small bowl. Roll chicken in flour.
3. Place a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. When the skillet is hot, add oil.
4. When oil just starts to shimmer add chicken, cooking 4-5 minutes on each side until surface is golden brown and chicken is almost cooked through. Remove chicken to a plate.
5. To the pan, add crushed tomatoes, basil, thyme, oregano, garlic powder, and onion powder. Return skillet to medium heat and allow the sauce to simmer 8-10 minutes or until sauce starts to thicken. Taste and season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Place chicken on top of sauce and spoon a little sauce over each piece of chicken before sprinkling with shredded cheese.
7. Place pan in the oven and bake 15 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked through.
8. Sprinkle with fresh basil, if using, just before serving. Serve over your favorite pasta, spaghetti squash or spiralized vegetables.
Copyright: The Real Food Dietitians 2019. All rights reserved.