Bacon, Blue Cheese and Pear Bites
- 1 baguette or slender loaf of French bread (fresh or day-old)
- 1/2-3/4 cup pear butter (or apple butter)
- 3-4 ripe pears
- softened Organic Valley Butter
- 1 container (4 ounces) Organic Valley Blue Cheese Crumbles
- about 3/4 cup Organic Prairie Uncured Hardwood Smoked Bacon, cooked and crumbled
This is party food. Assemble the little open-face sandwiches ahead of time and keep them covered with plastic wrap. Then pop them in the oven when your guests arrive and serve them on a fancy platter.
Prep Time: 15–20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Use a serrated knife to cut the bread on the diagonal into slices that are about 1/2-inch thick. Arrange the sliced bread in a single layer on a baking sheet.
2. Peel the pears, cut them in half lengthwise, pull out the stems and scoop out the cores. Slice the halves lengthwise.
3. Spread one side of each slice of bread with a little softened butter and then some pear butter. Arrange 3–4 pear slices across each one and sprinkle it with blue cheese and bacon crumbles.
4. Bake until cheese is melted and everything is hot, 8–10 minutes. Serve immediately.
Copyright by Terese Allen