Panzanella Salad with Bacon and Mozzarella
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 3 cup cubed (1/2 inch pieces) Italian or sourdough bread (with or without crust)
- 2 1/2 - 3 cup diced ripe tomatoes, preferably organic heirloom varieties
- 1 cup Organic Valley Shredded Mozzarella or Italian Blend Cheese
- 4 slices Organic Prairie Hardwood Smoked Uncured Bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
2. Add bread, tomatoes, cheese bacon and basil; toss lightly.
3. Serve immediately. Serve with freshly ground black pepper if desired.
© Organic Valley