Seared Pork Loin with Brussels Sprouts, Rutabaga and Pomegranate Sauce
- 2 cup unsweetened pomegranate juice
- 3 tablespoon molasses
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled, slightly smashed
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 5 tablespoon Organic Valley Cultured Butter, divided
- 2 rutabagas (about 1-1/2 pounds), peeled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 2 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 Organic Prairie Boneless Pork Loin Roast
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb large Brussels sprouts, quartered, blanched 2 minutes, rinsed in cold water
Pork is so versatile and delicious that you can serve it with just about anything. Pairing Brussels sprouts and rutabaga with the pomegranate and garlic reduction creates a harmonious yet whimsical balance to indulge the senses.Adapted from a recipe by Organic Prairie's own Chef Alex Brevik.|
Combine pomegranate juice, molasses, garlic and rosemary in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat; simmer until mixture is reduced to 1/2 cup, about 15 minutes. Strain out and discard garlic and rosemary. Stir in 1 tablespoon of the butter and pomegranate seeds; let stand at room temperature.
Meanwhile, heat oven to 350°F. Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter; toss with rutabaga, oregano, brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt. Spread into a single layer on a parchment lined 15x10-inch jelly roll pan or rimmed baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes. Season pork loin with 1-1/2 teaspoons of the salt and the pepper. Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add pork; brown on all sides, about 5 minutes.
Transfer skillet with pork loin to oven alongside rutabagas. Continue to bake 16 to 18 minutes or until internal temperature of pork reaches 140°F and rutabaga is tender.
Transfer pork loin to carving board; tent with foil and let stand 5 minutes. Add Brussels sprouts to drippings in skillet; sauté over medium heat 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Carve pork loin crosswise into 1/4-inch slices; serve with rutabagas, Brussels sprouts and pomegranate sauce.