Stir-Fried Pork and Broccoli with Sweet Sour Sauce
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon ketchup
- 4 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- bottled hot pepper sauce to taste
- 3 tablespoon peanut oil, divided
- 4 Organic Prairie Center Cut Boneless Pork Chops, sliced into strips
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 lb broccoli florets, sliced
- 1 heaping cup sugar snap peas, strings removed, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- bottled hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Classic Asian flavors make a perfect foil for pork and broccoli. Serve this easy stir-fry with hot rice or rice noodles.|
1. Combine sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
2. Heat a very large skillet over high flame for 2-3 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon peanut oil and swirl pan to coat the bottom. Add pork slices, season with salt and pepper and stir-fry until meat is browned, 3-4 minutes. Remove pork to a bowl.
3. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons peanut oil in skillet. Add broccoli; stir-fry over high heat, 3-4 minutes. Add peas; continue to stir-fry another 2-3 minutes. Lower heat to medium, add shallots, garlic and ginger, and stir-fry until vegetables are crisp-tender.
4. Stir in sauce, reserved meat, hot pepper sauce to taste and 1/4 cup water; bring to simmer and cook briefly, stirring, until vegetables are coated and everything is bubbly-hot. Serve immediately, sprinkling each bowlful with sesame seeds.
Copyright by Terese Allen for Organic Prairie