Seven Reasons to Choose Organic Prairie Meats
While we we uphold the USDA rules as the foundation of the organic industry, many of Organic Prairie’s production standards go above and beyond government regulations, ensuring the meat we deliver to you is the safest and healthiest available anywhere!
1. Our organic meats are brought to you by family farms—not factories. The upshot? Healthier animals, healthier people—a happier planet.
2. Our organic meats are produced without the use of synthetic hormones, antibiotics or toxic pesticides—that’s what makes them organic!
3. Our animals graze in organic pastures, eat organic vegetarian feeds, and they’re finished on family farms, not crowded, concrete feedlots.
4. Annual inspections ensure that our farms, feed, and facilities meet—or exceed—all certification standards. We’re your trusted source for organic meat!
5. To ensure your safety, all Organic Prairie meat is tested for bacteria before it leaves our processing facilities.
6. We maintain meticulous records on every animal we raise, ensuring traceability from our farms to your front door.
7. As the farmer-owners of our co-op, we proudly uphold the highest safety and quality standards in the industry.
Don’t be misled by “Natural” labeling—learn about the big differences between organic and “natural” meat.
As pioneers of organic, we helped write the national organic standards required by the USDA Organic seal. Learn what the USDA seal means for you and your family.