Preheat your grill; be sure to have a hot and warm place on (direct heat and in direct heat if you're using charcoal or wood.) Put your cast iron skillet over the indirect heat to begin warming up.
Separate the ground beef into four equal balls and begin to shape into patties.
When your skillet is hot, place the pork belly pieces on one half (leave space, you're going to be cooking the eggs in the same skillet!) Let these cook for 7-8 min on each side
Over the direct heat, lay your 4 beef patties on the grill and cook for 5-6 minutes.
Flip the burger over and place your slice of cheese on top and let this cook for an additional 4-5 min.
Move the burgers to the indirect heat to cook to desired done-ness (for more rare burgers, cook for an additional 1-2 min, and for more well done, cook for an additional 5 minutes.)
Gently crack the four eggs in the hot skillet, and let them cook until the whites are opaque and the yolk is just set.
Remove the burgers and place on the roll. Layer your pork belly, lettuce, tomato and egg on the burger and enjoy!
- 1.5 lb Organic Prairie Ground Beef
- 4 brioche or hamburger rolls
- 4 farm fresh eggs
- 4 slices of pork belly, each cut in half
- 4 slices of good quality melting cheese, like an aged cheddar
- 1 large tomato, sliced into 1/4 in thick slices
- 1 head of bibb or red green leaf lettuce, washed and leaves pulled apart