Orange-Marinated Rib Eye Steaks
Easy enough for everyday, but outstanding enough for everything from New Year’s to Father’s Day.
Prep time: 25 minutes
- 6 Organic Prairie Boneless Rib Eye Steaks, thawed
- 2 large red bell peppers, cored and cut into sixths
- grated zest of 2 medium oranges
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup sunflower oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon tamari soy sauce (Eden)
- 1 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1. Arrange the steaks in one layer in a large shallow glass baking dish and add the bell peppers.
2. Combine marinade ingredients in a blender and blend together until smooth. Pour the marinade over the steaks and peppers, coating them thoroughly, and let the mixture marinate, covered and chilled, several hours or overnight. Turn them occasionally in the marinade if you can during this time.
3. Drain off and discard the marinade. Dry the steaks off with paper towels. Broil the steaks and peppers 5 to 6 inches under a hot broiler, or grill them on an oiled rack set 5 to 6 inches over glowing coals on an outdoor grill. The steaks will take about 10 minutes on each side for medium doneness; the peppers will be ready in a few minutes. Transfer grilled delights to a festive platter, and let the steaks stand for 5 minutes before serving.