1. Grill the steak over hot coals to desired doneness. Let it stand off the heat to come to warm or room temperature.
2. While coals are heating, combine vinegar, honey and cayenne in a bowl; gradually whisk in oil. Stir in mint and some salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. Bring a medium pot of water to boil. Peel carrots and cut into 1 1/2-inch-long chunks. Slice chunks into 1/8-inch-thick wedges and cut wedges into strips. Immerse the carrot strips in the boiling water; boil about 90 seconds, then drain, rinse them under cold water, and drain again. Spread carrots out on clean towel and let them dry.
4. Cut zucchini into slices, then into strips that are the same size as the carrots. Peel the cucumber; slice it lengthwise and remove the seeds with a spoon, then julienne the flesh like the other vegetables. Julienne the steak as you did the vegetables.
5. Combine beef, vegetables and chick peas in a large bowl; toss with dressing and plenty of salt and pepper to taste. Scatter arugula or other greens on individual plates and portion the steak over the greens. Garnish with cherry tomatoes and mint sprigs.
Copyright by Terese Allen