Everybody loves a good burger, but folks get tired of the same old patties. You can slather on all the condiments you want, but you'll get the same old sigh. It's like that commercial where the kids holler, "Oh no! Meatloaf again
Mix it up and you'll never have to hear that at supper time! These "gourmet" worthy burgers can satisfy every member of the family, because everybody can concoct their own signature burger. The interesting thing about mixing these ingredients into the burger (and we're talking Organic Prairie Ground Beef) instead of just putting them on top after cooking is this: The salt from the cheeses, olives and the rest tenderizes the meat AND makes it even juicier.
Note: After mixing a batch of ingredients with the burger, shape into patties, individually wrap each patty in plastic wrap or wax paper, then put several patties in a zip-loc freezer bag. Label each freezer bag according to the mix-ins you used in that batch of burger. Otherwise, you might mix them up and get frownie faces at the table!
- 1 lb Organic Prairie Ground Beef
- 1/4 cup chopped green olives (or to taste)
- 2 ounces Organic Valley Feta Cheese Crumbles
- Chop up the mix-ins.
- Mix into the hamburger meat.
- Shape into patties.
- Grill 'em up or freeze 'em.
More great ideas for mix-ins...
Fried Onions with Blue Cheese:
- 1 Fried Onion, chopped
- 2 oz Organic Valley Blue Cheese Crumbles
Fried Pepper and Pepper Jack
- 1 Red or Green Pepper, fried and chopped
- 2 oz Organic Valley Pepper Jack, diced small
Bacon and Swiss
- 4 oz Organic Prairie Bacon, friend until crispy and chopped
- 2 oz Organic Valley Baby Swiss